| TESTIMONIALS / CASE STUDIES|
“I’ve made it with the help of Milcom” more
“I’ve finally got the credit for the effort” more
“The presenters shared their wealth of industry experience with the class...” more
“...with Milcom I now have 2 job offers, not just interviews...” more
|Milcom is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) with (ASQA) meeting the requirements of the Australian Quality Training|
Framework (AQTF) and SNR.
Our NTIS Number is 6859.
| PREFERED TRAINING PROVIDER|
The Telecommunications Industry in Australia is similar to all most all other Telecommunication industries in Europe and America ,and South Africa.
The industry comprises of technicians multitasking in areas such as:
So where do you start?
- Installing UTP (CAT5,CAT6 & CAT7) cabling in commercial buildings, Data centres domes
- Installing Fibre Optic cabling in commercial building as a backbone infrastructure
- Installing Fibre Optic cabling externally for FTTH and FTTC for broadband distribution NBN rollout
Here in Australia we have a very strong regulatory environment that mandates WHO can work on a telecommunications network and WHAT can be connected to that network. In order to work on a telecommunications network you require a cabling Registration as a minimum. This is a mandatory Requirement.
There are three types
The Open Registration is considered to be Basic Training that allows a technician after successful completion to move into many different areas of the industry.
- Lift Registration
- For Technicians who wish to install Telephones in Lift Cars
- Restricted Registration
- For Technicians who mainly work in Domestic Installations
- Open Registration
- For Technicians wishing to work in commercial premises installing Network Cabling, Fibre Optics and Telecommunications Equipment
After completing an Open Registration a technician may wish to acquire specialist endorsements on their registration. Theses endorsements are not mandatory but are desirable by potential employers.
An example of some of these specialist courses are
- Structured cable
- Fibre optic internal external